August 17, 2015
President Billy Franke called the meeting to order. Ned Murray led the pledge of Allegiance and the invocation. Susan Barcus introduced our guests and visiting Rotarians.
Last week's CART sponsor was Sheri Osburn and the outside challenger, CentraPro raised $289.77 for CART. This week's CART sponsor is Ian Mercier and the outside challenger is James Heffner.
Greg Deloach gave the Sunshine Report. Chris McKinney announced the Industry Innovation Summit, October 6, 2015 at the Salvation Army KROC Center, Augusta. Registration is free.
President Billy made the following announcements and presentations:
- Congratulations to Steve Farmer for being elected to serve on the Board of Directors of Cherry Bekhart.
- Congratulations to Kevin Wade and IntelliSystems for being selected as one of the top 500 companies in the Country.
- President Billy recognized Zsolt Pap our GRSP student. Zsolt needs a ride to the GRSP conclave in Atlanta next week, August 28 - 30.
- President Billy thanked Dustin Young, Susan Jernigan and Kevin Wade for attending the District Training seminar in Dublin August 15th. Dustin spoke about the GRSP training he attended and announced RLI (Rotary Leadership Institute) training that will be at GRU September 12th.
- Our August 24th. meeting will be held at the Bell Auditorium for the United Way Kick Off. There will not be a sign up sheet available for August 24th. The meeting will need to be made up if not attending the United Way Kick Off.
President Billy Thanked Turner Simkins for his presentation and placed a book in the library in his honor. President Billy led the club in the 4-Way Test and adjourned the meeting.
Upcoming Meeting Topics
8/24/2015 United Way Kickoff
8/31/2015 Fran Forehand, GA Power
9/7/2015 NO MEETING:Labor Day
9/14/2015 GRSP Introduction
9/21/2015 Alan Campbell, an "environmental/expedition artist"
9/28/2015 District Governor Visit -John Neely
Inside Challenger: Ian Mercier
Outside Challenger: James Heffner
Mary Frances Dennis
Club - Local Author, Possibilites
Club and Susan Rice
Club and Susan Rice
Christine Miller Betts
Thom Tuckey 8-11-15 Rotary Club of Columbia County
Ed Presnell 8-17-15 Facebook Facilitation Meeting
Harold Scott 8-17-15 Facebook Facilitation Meeting
Scott Williams 8-18-15 Rotary Board of Dir. Meeting
The following will receive a make up for attending the Board of Directors Meeting, September 18, 2015: