September 19, 2022
President Faye Hargrove rang the bell and called the meeting to order.
Faye had a moment of silence for Queen Elizabeth and the People of the British Common Wealth.
Bill Keoh gave the pledge and invocation
Connie Melear gave the Sunshine Report today.
Club members introduced their guests in attendance today.
- GRSP student Simbai needs transportation for upcoming events. Please contact Faye or Susan Jernigan, if you can provide transportation.
- Please complete our club’s Google form to sign up to be a Cart Challenger.
- October 17th -Signature fundraiser kick off
- November 7th – Veterans Program
- December 5th – Visit from District Governor Heather Kellen
- Rick Franza announced the College Pick’em winner for the last week. Congratulation Jennifer Pennington.
- New Member: Welcome to the club, Brodrick Mungo!
CART: President Faye asked everyone to please continue to contribute to the blue buckets on the table or online at mycartfund.org using the same login credentials you use with DACDB.
This weeks inside challenger is John Whitwell and the outside challenger is Merrill Lynch. Plea
Laverne Gaskins introduced our guest speaker Kenneth Jones, Georgia Legal Services Program.
Kenneth Jones is an attorney in the Augusta Regional Office of the Georgia Legal Services Program. He is from Cedar Town, Ga. He discussed the history of the GLSP and cited several important cases: the Piedmont Case and the Herman Case. The program has 10 regional offices. The GLS program is a private nonprofit funded by the federal government. They provide free legal services for civil cases. They help people who make less than $27,000 a year or less 200% of the Federal poverty level. Most of the cases are family law, housing cases, education cases, consumer cases, and guardianship. As mandated by Congress, the GLSP program can not do criminal cases, redistricting, fee generating cases or represent federal and state prisoners.
President Faye led us in reciting the four-way test and then adjourned the meeting.
Easy links to pages on our website
Rotary schedule of meeting dates and speakers
Member Proposal Form
Online directory - Find a member or update your information
Bulletins - Weekly bulletins from 2014-current