March 7, 2022
President Shanda Vaughn rang the bell and called the meeting to order.
*Meeting was facilitated by Westminster Interact Club
Randale Pete and Will Pucket gave the pledge and invocation.
Jack Tabb gave the Sunshine Report today.
Club members introduced their guests in attendance today.
- The club is continuing to collect can tabs for the Ronald McDonald House.
- The District Conference is Friday, April 29-Sunday May 1st 2022 in Augusta. The conference will be held at the Marriott Downtown.
- Kayla Cooper gave an update on last weeks “Read Across America”.
- Denise Vickers discussed the Augusta Regional Airport 5K fundraiser.
President Shanda highlighted Rotary member Leland Malchow.
CART: President Shanda asked everyone to please continue to contribute to the blue buckets on the table or online at mycartfund.org using the same login credentials you use with DACDB.
New Member Induction
Ed Presnell introduced our newest member David Pugh, President of Helms College. Welcome to the club, David!
SAVE THE DATES
Annual Golf Tournament-Tuesday, May 3, 2022 TBD
Speech Contest Winners
- 1st Place - Carolyn Cairns - $1000
- 2nd Place - Daniella Curkovic - $750
- 3rd Place – Sage Osiris - $500
- *Honorable Mention – Anna Doster, Imari Coleman, Jason Tan
De Pierce introduced our guest speaker Xeve Perez, an 11 year old junior golfer. Xeve has won more than 250 tournaments in the past eight years. Perez has won on the Hurricane Junior Golf Tour, has had victories at numerous Georgia State Golf Association junior events and was the 2021 VGA Georgia State Champion. Xeve recently signed with OnCore Golf. Xeve discussed his approach to life and playing golf. He also introduced his parents. Xeve will be relocating to Florida to train with Butch Harmon.
Ella Perry led us in reciting the four-way test and then adjourned the meeting.
Easy links to pages on our website
Rotary schedule of meeting dates and speakers
Member Proposal Form
Online directory - Find a member or update your information
Bulletins - Weekly bulletins from 2014-current