December 6, 2021
President Shanda Vaughn rang the bell and called the meeting to order.
David Hudson gave the pledge and invocation.
Brad Means gave the Sunshine Report today.
Club members introduced their guests in attendance today.
- Please continue to sign in each week so that we have a record of attendance.
- Everyone is encouraged to update their pictures and contact info on the DacDb website. This is the best way to access information on our club so please keep it updated.
- Signature Fundraiser tickets are for sale. Members are encouraged to buy or sell 3 tickets for the raffle. The raffle will be held on Thursday, February 10, 2022.
Denis Vickers discussed the Public Information Committee.
Club Finance Update
Dustin Young discussed the club’s finances. He indicated the current dues were not keeping up with inflation. Club dues will probably increase.
You should be getting an email from Ashley Duren for you to pick your games. If you do not receive the email please contact Rick, Ashley or President Shanda. Great prizes will be given out each week and there will be prizes for the top 3 at the end of the season. Remember, we are using the point spread to determine the winner of each game.
President Shanda highlighted Rotary member Betts Murdison
CART: President Shanda asked everyone to please continue to contribute to the blue buckets on the table or online at mycartfund.org using the same login credentials you use with DACDB.
Paul Harris Fellows
Rob Dennis and Steven Kaplan received their +1 pins.
SAVE THE DATES
- Rotary Family Christmas-Monday, December 20, 2021(12:15-1:15)
- Signature Fundraiser-Monday, February 14, 2022 TBD
- Annual Golf Tournament-Tuesday, May 3, 2022 TBD
New Member Orientation
- Tuesday, January 18, 2021 (4:30-5:30)
- Tuesday, April 19, 2021 (4:30-5:30)
Faye Hargrove introduced our guest speakers, Lynda Barr and Dan Evans. Lynda is the resource development coordinator for the CSRA Economic Opportunity Authority. Dan is the Augusta housing and community development manager. They discussed the Augusta-Richmond County task force on homeless. Increasing housing costs are resulting in increased numbers of homeless. The unsheltered have increased significantly from 2019 to 2020. They discussed how the Resource Center for Continuum of Care coordinated housing and services funding for homeless families and individuals.
President Shanda led us in reciting the four-way test and then adjourned the meeting.
Easy links to pages on our website
Rotary schedule of meeting dates and speakers
Member Proposal Form
Online directory - Find a member or update your information
Bulletins - Weekly bulletins from 2014-current