October 4, 2021
President Shanda Vaughn rang the bell and called the meeting to order. Eric Montgomery gave the pledge and invocation. Brad Means gave the Sunshine Report today. Club members introduced their guests in attendance today.
- Please continue to sign in each week so that we have a record of attendance.
- Everyone is encouraged to update their pictures and contact info on the DacDb website. This is the best way to access information on our club so please keep it updated.
- Our next social event will be at TopGolf on Monday October 18 from 11:00-2:00. Please RSVP by October 11.
- President Shanda announced that our next service project will be held October 23 from 9:00-11:00 a.m. This project is being held in conjunction with the AU Rotaract Club and we will be cleaning near the canal. Watch for more details in the coming weeks.
- Anyone interested in either being a mentor or serving on the Mentorship Committee should contact Steve Munn.
Rick Franza announced the winner of the last week. You should be getting an email from Ashley Duren for you to pick your games. If you do not receive the email please contact Rick, Ashley or President Shanda. Great prizes will be given out each week and there will be prizes for the top 3 at the end of the season. Remember, we are using the point spread to determine the winner of each game.
President Shanda highlighted Rotary member Kayla Cooper.
CART: President Shanda asked everyone to please continue to contribute to the blue buckets on the table or online at mycartfund.org using the same login credentials you use with DACDB.
New Member Induction
Kevin Grogan introduced our new member Mat Aitken. Welcome to the Club, Mat!
SAVE THE DATES
- Top Golf- Monday, October 18, 2021 (11-2)
- Veterans Day Program- Monday, November 8, 2021(12:15-1:15)
- Rotary Family Christmas-Monday, December 20, 2021(12:15-1:15)
- Signature Fundraiser-Monday, February 14, 2022 TBD
- Annual Golf Tournament-Tuesday, May 3, 2022 TBD
- New Member Orientation
- Tuesday, October 19, 2021 (4:30-5:30)
- Tuesday, January 18, 2021 (4:30-5:30)
- Tuesday, April 19, 2021 (4:30-5:30)
Kevin Wade gave an update on the Rotary Foundation goals. He encouraged members to become a Paul Harris Fellow.
Veterans Day Celebration
The celebration will be held on 11/8/2021. If you are a veteran or someone in your immediate family is a veteran or currently serving in the military, please email President Shanda at firstname.lastname@example.org with your branch of service, rank and years of service.
Dr. Jermaine Whirl introduced our guest speaker, Scott Johnson. Scott Johnson is the president of the “Warrior Alliance”. He discussed the program “Operation Double Eagle”
“The Warrior Alliance is Collaborating with leading educators and golf industry experts to address the most pressing issue that veterans face upon their return home – successful transition into the civilian workforce.”
The Warrior Alliance is partnering with Augusta Technical College and The Augusta Municipal Golf Course.
The Operation Double Eagle is a 9-week skills development program in Augusta, GA that connects veterans and transitioning active-duty service members to a network of employers seeking “job-ready” veterans for nationwide career opportunities.
President Shanda led us in reciting the four-way test and then adjourned the meeting.
Easy links to pages on our website
Rotary schedule of meeting dates and speakers
Member Proposal Form
Online directory - Find a member or update your information
Bulletins - Weekly bulletins from 2014-current