September 20, 2021
President Shanda Vaughn rang the bell and called the meeting to order. Linda Johnson gave the pledge and invocation. Tom Clark gave the Sunshine Report today. Club members introduced their guests in attendance today.
- Please continue to sign in each week so that we have a record of attendance.
- Everyone is encouraged to update their pictures and contact info on the DacDb website. This is the best way to access information on our club so please keep it updated.
- Our next social event will be at TopGolf on Monday October 18 from 11:00-2:00. Please RSVP by October 11.
- President Shanda announced that our next service project will be held October 23 from 9:00-11:00 a.m. This project is being held in conjunction with the AU Rotaract Club and we will be cleaning near the canal. Watch for more details in the coming weeks.
- Steve Munn reported that the newly formed Mentorship Committee had many volunteers to mentor members of both the Young Professionals Association and the AU Rotaract Club. Anyone interested in either being a mentor or serving on the new committee should contact Steve.
Rick Franza announced the winner of the last week. You should be getting an email from Ashley Duren for you to pick your games. If you do not receive the email please contact Rick, Ashley or President Shanda. Great prizes will be given out each week and there will be prizes for the top 3 at the end of the season. Remember, we are using the point spread to determine the winner of each game.
None presented today.
CART: President Shanda asked everyone to please continue to contribute to the blue buckets on the table or online at mycartfund.org using the same login credentials you use with DACDB.
SAVE THE DATES
- Top Golf- Monday, October 18, 2021 (11-2)
- Veterans Day Program- Monday, November 8, 2021(12:15-1:15)
- Rotary Family Christmas-Monday, December 20, 2021(12:15-1:15)
- Signature Fundraiser-Monday, February 14, 2022 TBD
- Annual Golf Tournament-Tuesday, May 3, 2022 TBD
New Member Orientation
- Tuesday, October 19, 2021 (4:30-5:30)
- Tuesday, January 18, 2021 (4:30-5:30)
- Tuesday, April 19, 2021 (4:30-5:30)
Both the Hull Fund and the Membership Committee will meet today immediately following the Club meeting.
Veterans Day Celebration
The celebration will be held on 11/8/2021. If you are a veteran or someone in your immediate family is a veteran or currently serving in the military, please email President Shanda at email@example.com with your branch of service, rank and years of service.
Bennish Brown introduced our guest speaker, Ernesia Wright, owner and general manager of Georgia Soul Basketball Organization. Ernesia graduated from Lucy Laney High School. She played Basketball at ASU and was the “2004 Female Athlete of the Year”. Ernesia played professional basketball in Romania from 2006-2008 and in the WBCBL from 2006-2012. She is a retired Army Major.
Ernesia founded the Georgia Soul Basketball Organization in 2015. The mission of the Georgia Soul Women’s Basketball Organization is to inspire women and young girls in our local community through mentorship, leadership, encouragement, sisterhood and community outreach. The organization provides support and resources to encourage excellence, academically, athletically and professionally. Based in Augusta, GA, we recruit athletes and professionals worldwide to ensure we accomplish our organizational goals.
The organization provides mentorship for young athletes. Coaches on staff include Reggie Cummings, and Vonteego Cummings.
President Shanda led us in reciting the four-way test and then adjourned the meeting.
Easy links to pages on our website
Rotary schedule of meeting dates and speakers
Member Proposal Form
Online directory - Find a member or update your information
Bulletins - Weekly bulletins from 2014-current