August 23, 2021
President Shanda Vaughn rang the bell and called the meeting to order. Robert Osbourne gave the pledge and invocation. Faye Hargrove gave the Sunshine Report today. Club members introduced their guests in attendance today.
President Shanda shared the upcoming meeting schedule which includes;
- 8/30/21 - AU Pediatric Oncology Dr. Theodore Johnson
- 9/6/21 - No Meeting-Labor Day
- 9/13/21 - Rotary Foundation Hamsa Thota
None presented today.
CART: President Shanda asked everyone to please continue to contribute to the blue buckets on the table or online at mycartfund.org using the same login credentials you use with DACDB.
SAVE THE DATES
She also asked everyone to save the following dates for future Club events;
- GreenJackets Game-Friday, September 10, 2021 (game time is 7:05 pm $25 per ticket)
- Top Golf- Monday, October 18, 2021 (11-2)
- Veterans Day Program- Monday, November 8, 2021(12:15-1:15)
- Rotary Family Christmas-Monday, December 20, 2021(12:15-1:15)
- Signature Fundraiser-Monday, February 14, 2022 TBD
- Annual Golf Tournament-Tuesday, May 3, 2022 TBD
New Member Orientation
- Tuesday, October 19, 2021 (4:30-5:30)
- Tuesday, January 18, 2021 (4:30-5:30)
- Tuesday, April 19, 2021 (4:30-5:30)
Veterans Day Celebration
The celebration will be held on 11/8/2021. If you are a veteran or someone in your immediately family is a veteran or currently serving in the military, please email President Shanda at email@example.com with your branch of service, rank and years of service.
Paul Harris Fellow Presentation
President Shanda presented a Paul Harris pin to Denise Vickers. She has pins for club members who could not attend today and will present them as soon as possible.
Dr. Frank Xie spoke to us about “why human rights in China are important for Americans.
Dr. Frank Xie discussed how the world is in crisis due to the Chinese communist party (CCP). He discussed the how the CCP influences business, media/big tech, sports/Hollywood, and universities. He explained how the Chinese supply chain was used a political weapon.
He also recommended the practice of Falun Gong to promote health and well-being.
Next week we will have AU Pediatric Oncology Dr. Theodore Johnson.
President Shanda led us in reciting the four-way test and then adjourned the meeting.
Easy links to pages on our website
Rotary schedule of meeting dates and speakers
Member Proposal Form
Online directory - Find a member or update your information
Bulletins - Weekly bulletins from 2014-current