August 16, 2021
President Shanda Vaughn rang the bell and called the meeting to order. Jeff Flowers gave the pledge and invocation. Bill Keogh gave the Sunshine Report today. Club members introduced their guests in attendance today.
President Shanda shared the upcoming meeting schedule which includes:
- 8/23/21 - United Way Kick-Off has been cancelled – we will have a regular club meeting
- 8/30/21 - AU Pediatric Oncology Dr. Theodore Johnson
- 9/6/21 - No Meeting-Labor Day
- 9/13/21 - Rotary Foundation Hamsa Thota
None presented today.
CART: President Shanda asked everyone to please continue to contribute to the blue buckets on the table or online at mycartfund.org using the same login credentials you use with DACDB.
SAVE THE DATES
She also asked everyone to save the following dates for future Club events:
- GreenJackets Game-Friday, September 10, 2021 (game time is 7:05 pm $25 per ticket)
- Top Golf- Monday, October 18, 2021 (11-2)
- Veterans Day Program- Monday, November 8, 2021(12:15-1:15)
- Rotary Family Christmas-Monday, December 20, 2021(12:15-1:15)
- Signature Fundraiser-Monday, February 14, 2022 TBD
- Annual Golf Tournament-Tuesday, May 3, 2022 TBD
New Member Orientation
- Tuesday, October 19, 2021 (4:30-5:30)
- Tuesday, January 18, 2021 (4:30-5:30)
- Tuesday, April 19, 2021 (4:30-5:30)
Veterans Day Celebration
The celebration will be held on 11/8/2021. If you are a veteran or someone in your immediately family is a veteran or currently serving in the military, please email President Shanda at email@example.com with your branch of service, rank and years of service.
New Member Induction
Steve Munn introduced our newest member Darin Myers.
Paul Harris Fellow Presentation
President Shanda presented a Paul Harris +2 pin to Bob Baisden. She has pins for club members who could not attend today and will present them as soon as possible.
Rick Franza explained the annual college Pick’em contest that will start the week of 8/30. Participation is voluntary, but strongly encouraged. We will compete for 16 weeks and weekly winners will receive a $50 restaurant gift card. At the end of the contest, prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. In order to be eligible for the overall prizes, you must compete in at least 75% of the weekly contest (12 out of 16). We will use the points spread to select games and the tiebreaker will be the total number of points scored in the “Game of the Week”.
After Rick’s contest remarks, we were treated to scouting reports from the following club members:
- Wes Brown – Auburn Tigers
- Chris Mckinney – Oregon Ducks
- Frank Mulherin – Georgia Bulldogs
- Jerry Rogers – Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
- Dee Beard – Clemson Tigers
- Rick Franza – Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Next week we will have Dr. Frank Xie speaking to us about “why human rights in China are important for Americans.
President Shanda led us in reciting the four-way test and then adjourned the meeting.
Easy links to pages on our website
Rotary schedule of meeting dates and speakers
Member Proposal Form
Online directory - Find a member or update your information
Bulletins - Weekly bulletins from 2014-current