July 12, 2021
President Shanda Vaughn rang the bell and called the meeting to order. This is her first official meeting as Club President since being sworn in on June 28.
Jeff Flowers gave the pledge and invocation.
There was no Sunshine Report given today.
We had two visiting guests in attendance today.
President Shanda shared the upcoming meeting schedule which includes;
- 7/19/21 - AU College of Computer and Cyber Science Dean Alex Schwarzmann
- 7/26/21 - Veterans Cemetery Bob Young
- 8/2/21 - Burn Foundation Steve Chalker
- 8/9/21 - Ft Gordon Update COL Shaw Pick
- 8/16/21 - College Football Kick-Off
- 8/23/21 - United Way Kick-Off
- 8/30/21 - AU Pediatric Oncology Dr. Theodore Johnson
- 9/6/21 - No Meeting-Labor Day
- 9/13/21 - Rotary Foundation Hamsa Thota
President Shanda asked everyone to please continue to contribute to the blue buckets on the table or online at mycartfund.org using the same login credentials you use with DACDB.
SAVE THE DATES
She also asked everyone to save the following dates for future Club events;
- GreenJackets Game-Friday, September 10, 2021 (game time is 7:05 pm)
- Top Golf- Monday, October 18, 2021 (11-2)
- Veterans Day Program- Monday, November 8, 2021(12:15-1:15)
- Rotary Family Christmas-Monday, December 20, 2021(12:15-1:15)
- Signature Fundraiser-Monday, February 14, 2022 TBD
- Annual Golf Tournament-Tuesday, May 3, 2022 TBD
New Member Orientation
- Tuesday, July 20, 2021 (4:30-5:30)
- Tuesday, October 19, 2021 (4:30-5:30)
- Tuesday, January 18, 2021 (4:30-5:30)
- Tuesday, April 19, 2021 (4:30-5:30)
Paul Harris Fellow Presentation
President Shanda presented Paul Harris Fellow +2 pins to Stacy Tallent and Chris James. She also recognized Mrs. Neita Mulherin for her PHF +7 designation.
Club Goals for 2021-2022
President Shanda presented the following goals for this Rotary year:
Rotary Foundation Giving
- Raise $16,000 for the Rotary Foundation Annual Fund
- Contribute $4,000 to the RF PolioPlus Fund
- Add 1 major gift of at least $10,000
- Rotaract Clubs – sponsor at least 2 new and existing clubs this year
- Interact Clubs – sponsor at least 2 new and existing clubs this year
- RYLA – sponsor 2 individuals to participate in Rotary Youth Leadership Awards
- Club Membership – add 11 net new members this year
- Service Participation – have 128 club members participate in service activities
- New Member Sponsorship – Sponsor 18 new members
- Leadership Development – have 4 club members participate this year
- District Conference Attendance – have at least 2 members participate this year
- District Training Participation – have at least 4 Committee Chairs attend district training
- Online Presence – insure the online presence reflects current activities
- Social Activities – hold at least 4 social activities outside of regular meetings
- Website/Social media – perform at least 5 updates per year
- Media Stories – have at least 2 media stories about Club projects this year
- Service Projects – Complete at least 5 during the year
At the conclusion of President Shanda’s remarks, she asked all Committees to break into groups and discuss their duties and assignments.
Following the Club Assembly, President Shanda led us in reciting the four-way test and then adjourned the meeting.
Easy links to pages on our website
Rotary schedule of meeting dates and speakers
Member Proposal Form
Online directory - Find a member or update your information
Bulletins - Weekly bulletins from 2014-current