August 12, 2019
President Scott Williams rang the bell and called the meeting to order. Brittany Burnett gave the pledge and invocation. Thanks to our Inside challenger President Scott Williams and outside challenger Allstate Insurance Agent – James O’Neal, together we raised $488. This week’s inside challenger is Hawthorne Welcher Jr. and outside challenger is the Staff of MCG Foundation. Daniel Rhodes introduced our guests and visiting Rotarians. Richard Rogers gave the Sunshine Report.
President Scott welcomed our GRSP Student – William Baerenhodlt. Anyone who has any opportunities in the coming weeks and months you would like to share with William please contact Susan Jernigan or Billy Franke. You can also contact William directly at 706-550-2331 or email@example.com.
- Surendra Gupta invited everyone to participate in India Day 2019 to be held Saturday August 17 at 5:30 p.m. at the Miller Theater. Information sheets are on the table.
- President Scott presented Laverne Gaskins with her Paul Harris plus one pin.
- Our program for next week will be our College Football Kickoff Program and distinguished guests will give scouting reports for the top football teams in the region. Please come dressed to support your favorite team.
- The United Way kickoff will be on August 26th. We will not have a meeting that week; however, we encourage you to attend the kickoff instead. Our club has six tables reserved.
Chris Melcher introduced our guest speaker Ms. Katrina Keefer, CEO of Augusta University Health System. In addition to being the CEO of AU Health, Ms. Keefer also serves as the EVP for Health Affairs at Augusta University. Continued growth on both the hospital and academic sides of the University have resulted in shifting duties from Dr. Brooks Keel to Ms. Keefer’s position.
With the many recent changes at the University, Ms. Keefer hopes to bring some stability, clarity and direction to the organization. She believes the organization faces problems that are both complicated and at the same time solvable. She hopes that improved communication within and outside of the organization along with collaboration and partnerships will help AU Medical reach its full potential.
Ms. Keefer said we should expect to see the following under her leadership;
- “Noise” – there will continue to be chatter about the changes taking place
- Calm, rational, smart decisions being made
- New partnerships and collaborations forming
- Continued accolades and recognition on the national level for the work being done at AU Medical
At the conclusion of the program, President Scott led us in reciting the four-way test and then adjourned the meeting.
Easy links to pages on our website
Rotary schedule of meeting dates and speakers
Member Proposal Form
Online directory - Find a member or update your information
Bulletins - Weekly bulletins from 2014-current
Inside Challenger: Hawthorne Welcher
Outside Challenger: Augusta University Foundation
Richmond Academy Interact Club
Westminster Interact Club
Augusta Tech Rotaract Club
Rotary Club of Washington, Georgia
GRSP student for Rotary Club of Washington, Georgia
Augusta West Rotary Club
Billy Franke 8-12-19 Greenjackets baseball game
Neal Dickert 8-12-19 Greenjackets baseball game
Matt Barrett 8-12-19 West Augusta Rotary club
Leigh Porterfield 8-12-19 Rotary Board of Directors Meeting
Chris McKinney 8-12-19 Rotary Board of Directors Meeting
Dustin Young 8-05-19 Rotary Board of Directors Meeting
The following will receive a make up for attending the Rotary Board of Directors meeting on Tuesday, August 13 at Cranston Engineering.
Anne Catherine Murray
A K Gulati