June 16, 2014
President John opened the meeting and called on Betty Dyches who led the pledge and invocation.
Russ Morgan introduced the guests and visiting Rotarians and Thom Tuckey provided the Sunshine Report. President John gave thanks to last week?s Club CART Challenger, Eddie Boothe, and the Outside Challenger, Richmond Supply Company, who helped us raise $301.67 for the fund. This week's CART Challenger is Mike Cash and the outside challenger is Ben McElreath, P.C.
President John made the following announcements/presentations:
- The Club has 4 students going to the RYLA conference in Douglas, Georgia on Thursday, June 19th. We are looking for a club member to drive them to the conference. They already have transportation home. Anyone able to help should contact John.
- Please pick up your 2013 - 2014 membership roster from the entrance desk.
- President John presented Christine Miller Betz with her Blue badge.
- David Hudson presented Gloria Greenbaum with a Paul Harris Fellow. Gloria was responsible for the vision to merge Augusta Country Day into August Prep and was recognized as a teacher, Head Master and for community service.
- President John presented Lowell Greenbaum with his Paul Harris + 2 award.
- Jerry Rogers attended the Rotary International Conference in Australia and shared several of the highlights. There were only 73 cases of Polio in the world this year are just a few countries left to completely eradicating Polio.
President John presented Jeff Schwab with a $1,000.00 donation to the Boy Scouts of America. President John thanked the speaker and adjourned following the recital of the Four-Way Test.
Proposed Committee Structure for 2014-2015
If you would like the opportunity to tell us about your business at an upcoming meeting, please contact Frank Mulherin -706-414-4922 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CART Blue buckets
Club Challenger: Mike Cash
Outside Challenger: Benjamin McElreath, PC
Club ( Speaker) Hull College of Business
Neita Mulherin 6-2-14 Make up on Cruise
Neita Mulherin 6-9-14 Make up on Cruise
Billy Franke 6-16-14 On Line Make up
The following will receive a make up for attending the American Red Cross Hero?s Breakfast
The following will receive a make up for attending the Board of Directors Meeting on June 17.
David Hogg, Jr.
Birthdays & Anniversaries