June 30, 2014
President John opened the meeting and called on Tim Owings who led the pledge and invocation. Chris Johnston introduced the guests and visiting Rotarians. President John gave thanks to last week's Club CART Challenger, Sue Parr, who helped us raise $174.98 for the fund. This week's CART Challenger is Neita Mulherin and the outside challenger is Judy Kaye with Meybohm Realty.
President John made the following announcements/presentations:
- John recognized Bobby Gagnon as a Will Watt Fellow and presented him with a pin for serving as the host family for the GRSP student this past academic year.
- John presented the Kemp-Puryear Rotarian of the Year Award to Marc Miller in recognition of his outstanding service to the club as the Program Committee Chair.
- In his farewell meeting, John thanked immediate Past President Connie Melear for her support and advice during his term.
- He also thanked Peggie Whitehurst for her service as club Secretary and presented her with a bouquet of flowers.
- John presented the club Board Members with pins for their service this year and thanked the incoming directors for their willingness to serve.
At the conclusion of his reports and presentations, he presided over the Passing of the Gavel ceremony which began with Past President Bit Williams and concluded with John passing the gavel to President Elect Jerry Rogers.
Upon receiving the gavel, Jerry took the podium and thanked John for his service this past year and presented him with a plague and gift from the club. John was recognized for a job well done with a standing ovation from the club.
Jerry thanked everyone for the opportunity to serve as the next President and reminded the club that we will not meet on July 7th because of Independence Day and during our next meeting on July 14th, we would have a Club Assembly.
President John thanked everyone again for their support and advice during his term and for the final time as President adjourned following the recital of the Four-Way Test.
Proposed Committee Structure for 2014-2015
If you would like the opportunity to tell us about your business at an upcoming meeting, please contact Frank Mulherin -706-414-4922 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CART Blue buckets
Club Challenger: Neita Mulherin
Outside Challenger: Judy Kaye, Meybohm Realty
Augusta South -
Waco, TX Rotary
Curt Roberts On Line Make Up 6-23-14
Jim Puryear Augusta South 6-23-14
Christine M. Betts
Birthdays & Anniversaries