December 5, 2016
President Elect Ed Presnell rang the bell and called the meeting to order.
The pledge and invocation was given by Mike Cash.
John Sebby welcomed our guests and visiting Rotarians.
Butch Whiddon introduced our visiting Interact Students.
CART: Thanks to our inside challenger, Ian Mercier, the club raised $357.64 for CART at our last meeting. This week the inside challenger is John Schneider.
Brad Means gave the Sunshine Report.
- The Holiday Party will be December 19th. We will be entertained by the Salvation Army Band and will have a special guest. Club members are invited to bring their families.
- District Conference this year will be held at Jekyll Island on March 24-25. All members are invited to attend and more information can be found on our district website at http://www.rotarydistrict6920.net/
- President Elect Ed reminded the membership that Rotary International will be meeting in Atlanta (June 10-14, 2017). Philanthropist and polio fighter Bill Gates, actor/activists Matt Damon and Ben Affleck and Nobel Prize winner Malala Yousafzai are among those who have been invited to speak. More information can be found at the riconvention.org or on the district website.
- The Speech Contest will take place on January 23, 2017.
- Our GRSP Student, Sophie Pedersen, competed and won a local 10k race this past weekend.
Steve Hobbs introduced our speaker, Mr. Allen Hobbs, who is his son and partner with The Players Group Inc. PGI is a full service sports management agency representing professional athletes. As an agent and player manager, Allen manages the careers of PGI's professional golf clients.
Allen is a graduate of Wake Forest University with a degree in psychology. As an agent, Allen and a small team of office staff manage the daily affairs of their clients. They assist with all travel and scheduling issues, pay their bills, make sure all income taxes are completed and coordinate with the PGA, Champions, and European Tours.
PGI actively seeks endorsement and marketing deals for their players. They also counsel with aspiring players on the best path for them to reach the professional tours. For some that means playing more tournaments overseas and for others it is utilizing sponsor exemptions to try to earn enough to qualify.
Following the presentation, President Elect Ed led us in reciting the four way test.
Our next meeting will be on Monday, December 12th with speaker John Bell talking to us about the Second Amendment.
Rotary International Convention
HOST ORGANIZATION COMMITTEE
Inside Challenger: John Snyder
Guest Speaker The PGA Tour
Richmond Academy Interact Club
Augusta Tech Rotaract Club
Jeanette Cummings 11-28-16 Augusta South Rotary