August 8, 2016
President Jennifer Pennington rang the bell and called the meeting to order. The pledge and invocation was given by Robert Osborne. President Jennifer gave a “Rotary Moment”. Daniel Rhodes welcomed our guests and visiting Rotarians. Thanks to Betts Murdison and the outside challenger, Jani-King of Augusta, the club raised $347.43 for CART at our last meeting. This week the inside challenger is Neal Dickert. Richard Rodgers gave our Sunshine Report.
Georgia Trend Magazine (Sue Parr, Barry White, Walter Sprouse, Brenda Durant)
- Pam Lightsey handed out a Paul Harris Fellow pin to Susan Jernigan and a Paul Harris Fellow plus 2 pin to Ed Presnell.
- Paul Dainer talked about the International Rotary Convention.
- The United Way Campaign Kick Off is August 29th at the Bell Auditorium.
- The Green Jackets baseball game is August 12 at 7:05. Tickets are five dollars a person.
- GRSP Student Sophie Pederson was introduced.
- Rotary Leadership Institute is August 13th in Augusta. (rlitaining.org)
- Conclave – GRSP host sign up for August 26th to 28th. See John David if you are interested.
Kevin Wade introduced our guest speaker Pam Lightsey, District Governor.
Pam shared her Rotary involvement as District Governor. She discussed how Rotary was about “all about people”, and the importance of engagement. Pam discussed how local districts were able to make a difference on a global scale and mentioned a global grant where hospital equipment was purchased for a hospital in Montego Bay, Jamaica.
Following the presentation, President Jennifer led us in reciting the four way test and then adjourned the meeting.
Next meeting August 15, 2016 and the speaker will be Scot Seabolt with Media General
Inside Challenger: Neal Dickert
Outside Challenger: Health Center Credit Union
Guest Speaker - Rotary District Governor
John Snider 8-8-16 Red Badge Orientation
Dustin Young 8-8-16 Rotary Board of Directors Mtg.
Kevin Mayne 8-1-16 Rotary Club of Aiken, SC
Shell Berry 8-8-16 Red Badge Orientation
The following will receive a make up for the Rotary Board of Directors Meeting
held on August 9.