July 11, 2016
President Jennifer Pennington rang the bell to call her first official meeting as our new President to order.
The pledge and invocation was given by David Hudson.
President Jennifer gave a “Rotary Moment” and told how the Rotary Club in Jackson Hole, Wyoming came together to refurbish the Antler Arches which is a landmark in that area.
John Sebby welcomed our guests and visiting Rotarians.
CART: Thanks to the club we raised $95.56 for CART at our last meeting. This week the inside challenger is Sheri Osburn and the outside challenger is Georgia Bank and Trust.
Faye Hargrove gave our Sunshine Report. Following her report, Faye challenged club members to notice opportunities to perform an act of kindness for others this week, and once completed, to take notice of the reaction of both you and the recipient.
- District Conference July 30th at Oconee Technical College in Dublin, Ga. from 9:00 a.m – 1:00 p.m.
- There is a flyer on the table describing the Broken Shackle program with an appeal for their specific needs.
- Rotary Leadership Institute is August 13th in Augusta. Anyone interested in participating should contact President Jennifer.
- New Member Orientation will be held Monday evening at 4:30 in Kevin Wade’s office.
- The GRSP Conclave will take place August 26-28 in Augusta. We need 10 more families to agree to host 2-3 students that weekend. Forms are on the table.
- Our GRSP Student, Ann Sophie Pedersen (Sophie) will arrive from Denmark in August. Our host family is Aimee Hall and Rotarians Susan Jernigan and Rick Herring are taking the lead on welcoming her to town.
Following the announcements, President Elect Jennifer led us in reciting the four way test and then adjourned the meeting so that we could begin our Club Assembly. Members were instructed to meet with their Committees and discuss plans for the upcoming year.
Next meeting July 18, 2016 and the speaker will be Scott Seabolt of WJBF who will discuss Political Advertising.
Inside Challenger: Sheri Osburn
Outside Challenger: Georgia Bank & Trust
Billy Franke 7-11-16 On Line Make up
John Whitwell 7-11-16 Red Badge Orientation
Darryl Leech 7-11-16 On Line Make up
The following will receive a make up for attending the July 12, 2016 Rotary Board of Directors Meeting:
The following will receive a make up for attending the Red Badge Orientation meeting on July 11, 2016: