June 20, 2016
President Billy Franke opened the meeting and called on George Hall who led the pledge and invocation.
Frank Ward introduced the guests and visiting Rotarians.
CART: Thanks to last week’s Club Cart Challenger, Paul Dainer we raised $256.06.
Brad Means gave the Sunshine Report.
- Reminder to sign up to be a host for GRSP during the weekend of August 27th through 29th.
- Reminder that we still need drivers for RYLA.
- Reminder about the Brian Mulherin scholarship at Augusta University.
President Billy Franke walked the crowd through an awesome power point presentation chronicling the events and accomplishments of the past Rotary year.
- Membership increased from 163 to 175.
- We had a meeting that achieved 100% attendance during the year.
- Gould Hagler II was called to the podium and received the Will Watt Fellow designation as recognition for being the host family for GRSP student Zsolt Pap.
- Phil Wahl was recognized for his tremendous work in putting together programs for the year.
- The club was reminded of this year’s Kemp-Puryear recipient Erick Montgomery.
- The club participated in many service projects, including the Lucy C. Laney gardens as well as the Lydia Project.
- A new Interact Club was established in Westminster and the groundwork was laid for a new Rotaract Club at Augusta Technical College, which should come to fruition very soon.
- It was another productive year of service and fellowship.
Next meeting June 27, 2016 and topic will be the “Passing of the Gavel”
The meeting was adjourned following the recital of the Four-Way Test.
Martinez Evans Rotary Club
Rotary, Dist. Governor Elect
Kevin Wade 6-20-16 Rotary Trip - Germany