August 19, 2019
President Scott Williams rang the bell and called the meeting to order. George Hall gave the pledge and invocation. Thanks to our Inside challenger Hawthorne Welcher Jr. and outside challenger the Staff of MCG Foundation, together we raised $391. This week’s inside challenger is Frank Mulherin and outside challenger is Janice Allen Jackson and Associates. Daniel Rhodes introduced our guests and visiting Rotarians. Tom Kiernan introduced our Interact Students. Connie Melear gave the Sunshine Report.
President Scott welcomed our GRSP Student – William Baerenhodlt. Anyone who has any opportunities in the coming weeks and months you would like to share with William please contact Susan Jernigan or Billy Franke. You can also contact William directly at 706-550-2331 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- President Scott presented Jennifer Pennington with her Paul Harris plus one pin.
- The United Way kickoff will be on August 26th. We will not have a meeting that week; however, we encourage you to attend the kickoff instead. Our club has six tables reserved.
- The following week will be Labor Day and we will not meet that week either. The next scheduled meeting is September 9th.
Our program today is our College Football Kickoff Program and President Scott invited Commissioner Jeff Simless to come forward to host today’s event. Jeff explained the rules for this year’s Pick’em contest. By now everyone should have received an email from Ashley Duren about the games. If you have not, please contact Jeff at email@example.com as soon as possible.
Following the contest rules, Jeff invited distinguished guests to come up and give a scouting report for their favorite teams. The club was treated to stirring reports from the following:
- Matt Barrett – Mercer University
- Zach Kelehear – Furman University
- Stacy Tallent – University of Tennessee
- Billy Franke – Auburn University
- David Hogg – University of South Carolina
- Jerry Rogers – Georgia Institute of Technology
- Frank Mulherin – University of Georgia
- Ed Presnell – Clemson University
At the conclusion of the program, President Scott led us in reciting the four-way test and then adjourned the meeting.
Easy links to pages on our website
Rotary schedule of meeting dates and speakers
Member Proposal Form
Online directory - Find a member or update your information
Bulletins - Weekly bulletins from 2014-current
Inside Challenger: Frank Mulherin
Outside Challenger: Janice Jackson and Associates
Richmond Academy Interact Club
Westminster Interact Club
Augusta Tech Rotaract Club
Rotary Club of Leavenworth Kansas
Kevin Wade 8-5-19 On Line Make up
Dora Hogg 8-12-19 On Line Make up
Ray Walters 8-19-19 GRSP student Airport pick up
Anne Catherine Murray