April 16, 2018
President Ed rang the bell and called the meeting to order. The pledge and invocation was given by Erick Montgomery. Daniel Rhodes welcomed our guests and visiting Rotarians. Thanks to Phil Wahl and the outside challenger, Security Federal Bank, the club raised $219.96 for CART at our last meeting. Gould Hagler gave our Sunshine Report.
- Kevin Wade presented the GSE Friendship Exchange Team from India, District 3150.
- TR Reddy’s guest Cecil Herrin announced a Men’s Cancer Awareness Basketball Show on May 12, 2018, to benefit the Cecil Herrin Men’s Cancer Support Fund and Endowment.
- Leigh Porterfield said she is doing the Alzheimer’s Dancing with the Stars (May 4th) and requested contributions.
- Patrick Cullinan discussed the Rotary District Grant: Human Trafficking Awareness Training and introduced Elizabeth Szoka from “I’m Aware”.
- The club golf tournament will be held May 1st. Contact Frank Mulherin to sign up.
- President Ed stated Susan Everitt needs volunteers for the Red Cross Project: Sound the Alarm.
President Ed introduced our guest speaker Jakob Fahl, to present his GRSP year in review. Jakob gave thanks to his Rotary family and discussed the highlights from this year. Some highlights were attending the Masters Tournament, shooting guns, southern food and hospitality and lots of traveling. He also showed a video of his year in review.
Following the presentation, President Ed led us in reciting the four-way test and then adjourned the meeting.
The next meeting will be April 23rd. The program will be James Ainslie, President/Co-Founder, “Sibley and Kings Mill Development Update.
Easy links to pages on our website
Rotary schedule of meeting dates and speakers
Member Proposal Form
Online directory - Find a member or update your information
Bulletins - Weekly bulletins from 2014-current
Save the Date:
Rotary Golf Tournament
Tuesday, May 1st
River Golf Club
1:00 Tee Off
Inside Challenger: Billy Franke
Outside Challenger: Hal Scott, HealthIT
Richmond Academy Interact Club
Augusta Tech Rotaract Club
Matt Barrett 4-9-18 Franklin, North Carolina Rotary Club
Susan Jernigan 4-9-18 GRSP Dinner
Leland Malchow 4-9-18 GRSP Dinner
Scott Williams 4-9-18 GRSP Dinner
Anna Reeves 4-9-18 GRSP Dinner
Jennifer Pennington 4-9-18 GRSP Dinner
Faye Hargrove 4-16-18 Rotary Board of Dir. Meeting
Dora Hogg 4-16-18 Rotary Board of Dir. Meeting
Scott Williams 4-16-18 Rotary Board of Dir. Meeting
The following will receive a make up for attending the GRSP "Family" dinner held at Rotarian Susan Jernigan's home on March 27, 2018.
The following will receive a make up for attending the Rotary Board of Directors meeting held at Cranston Engineering, April 17, 2018.
Anne Catherine Murray